Congrats! You found our Homeowner Guide Hub. If you’re serious about improving your home, you came to the right place. Check out one (or more) of our guides below to learn how to improve your property the right way.
Owning a home has numerous benefits, but it also comes with big responsibility. After all, you did put a sizable chunk of money into buying your property. As a result, you should do whatever possible to protect your investment.
If anything, it’s the responsible thing to do. But did you know that you can also improve the property, potentially increasing its value as a result? Simple improvements like laying new mulch or painting old trim can breathe new life into a home.
Not only do these minor things improve curb appeal (giving your neighbors a reason to be green with envy), but doing enough of these things can force the value of your home upward.
Although there are countless ways to boost (or hurt) a home’s value, we’ll cover some of the most basic ones to help you make the most of your investment. Additionally, we’ll cover topics unrelated to improvements that you should know about.
These range from how to get insurance to pay for your roof to why you should use cedar mulch in your landscaping beds. We’re sure that even if you weren’t looking for anything specific, you’ll leave having learned something.
- Types of Carpet: A Complete Guide
- How to Dry Wet Carpet
- Acacia: A Durable Wood Choice
- Types of Baseboards
- How to Get Slime Out of Carpet
- Bath Fitter Cost
- Top 7 Home Depot Toilets
- Cool Showers without Doors
- Small Bathtub Ideas
- Benefits of Bath Planet
- Slow Flushing Toilet? Try These Tricks
- Home Depot Kitchen Faucets: Our Top Picks
- Standard Kitchen Cabinet Dimensions
- Stainless Steel Scratch Removers
- Refrigerator Repair Near Me
- How to Install a Dishwasher
- Fix a Clicking Refrigerator
- Garbage Disposal Leaking From Bottom
- Standing Water in Dishwasher
- Room Divider Inspiration
- Top Home Depot Blinds
- Best Interior Paint
- Standard Sheet Sizes
- Unfinished Basement Ideas
- How to Texture a Wall
- Standard Bed Sheet Sizes
- Best Folding Beds
- 10 Unique Murphy Beds
- What Is Latex Paint?
- Is Trisodium Phosphate Safe for Cleaning?
- Is Muriatic Acid Safe for Cleaning?
- Our Favorite Grout Cleaner
- Standard Ceiling Height
- How Far Apart Are Studs?
- Natural Tile Floor Cleaners
- Find a Locksmith Near Me
- Spray Foam Insulation Cost
- Are Home Improvements Tax Deductible?
- Easy Home Improvements
- When to Replace Garage Door Springs
- Standard Garage Door Sizes
- Where to Buy a Craftsman Garage Door Opener Remote
- Where to Buy Workbench Plans
- Home Depot Garage Doors: Our Favorites
- Single Car Garage Size
- Standard Two Car Garage Dimensions
- Best Home Depot Lawnmowers
- What Is Monkey Grass?
- What Is Dwarf Mondo Grass?
- Standard Horseshoe Pit Dimensions
- Getting Rid of Goathead
- Preventing Moss from Growing in Lawns
- How to Get Rid of Mosquitoes in the House
- What Is Hydroseeding?
- Companies Like TruGreen
- How to Get Rid of Gnats
- How to Get Rid of Boxelder Bugs
- What Is a French Drain?
- Purple Flowering Trees
- Coffee and Eggshell Fertilizer
- Stargazer Lilies: Growing Guide
- Emerald Green Arborvitae
- What Is Cedar Mulch?
- Types of Purple Flowers
- How to Care for Mums
- Tree Service Near Me
- How to Clean Vinyl Siding
- Standard Window Sizes
- Top 10 Log Cabin Kits
- Our Favorite Home Depot Windows
- How Many Feet Are in a Story?
- Top Home Depot Doors
- How to Waterproof Wood
- Best Deck Paint
- Find a Locksmith Near Me
- How to Get a Broken Key Out of a Lock
- Concrete Slab Cost
- How to Remove a Sliding Glass Door
- How to Get Rid of Sugar Ants
- How Big Is an Acre?
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- Shipping Container Homes
- How to Get a New Mailbox Key
- Tiny Houses: A Complete Guide
- Home Depot Refrigerators: Our Top Picks
- Our Favorite Home Depot Ceiling Fans
- Home Depot Washer and Dryers
- Stackable Washer and Dryer Dimensions
- Best Home Depot Dishwashers
- Standard Washer and Dryer Dimensions
- Standard Refrigerator Sizes
- Best Home Depot Dehumidifiers
- Standard Stove Sizes
- Best Portable Washing Machines
- Dryer Won’t Start
- Fixing a Washer That Won’t Spin
- Boise Appliance Repair
- Albuquerque Appliance Repair
- Fixing a Leaking Sink: Common Problems
- Pex Pipe: A Complete Guide
- Toilet Not Flushing? Here’s What to Do
- How to Fix a Clogged Laundry Drain
- Septic Tank Pumping Near Me
- Water Heater Expansion Tanks
- Water Heater Leaking From Bottom
- Can a Homeowner Install a Water Heater?
- Plumbers Near Me
- Water Heater Leaking From Top
- How to Unclog a Shower Drain
- Air Conditioner Maintenance Tips
- Best Whole-House Humidifiers
- What Is a Humidistat?
- AC Not Cooling
- Air Conditioner Keeps Running When Turned Off
- How to Reset Honeywell Thermostat
- How to Deal with a Flooded Basement
- How to Get Insurance to Pay for Roof Replacement
- What Is Recoverable Depreciation?
- What Is a Home Warranty?
- Why You Need Hazard Insurance
- Are Home Warranties Worth It?
- Water Damage Repair
- What Is White Mold?
Your Next Steps
When it comes to homeownership, we can’t cover everything. There are thousands, if not millions, of articles that we could potentially write about. We’ve hand-picked some of the commonly-discussed topics to help our readers in their quest for knowledge.
Once you buy a home, we find owners fall into two categories: letting it fall into disrepair or improving everything possible. We get why either scenario happens, but we love real estate, so we like you to fall into the latter category.
If this describes you, we hope that our guides have taught you something. While it’s our goal to be a leader in the real estate content space, we realize it’s impossible to cover everything. Will we get there someday? Hopefully. But for now, read our complete guides on popular topics.