One of the most powerful ways to connect with leads is to show them the value of their home. Home Value Leads makes a product to help you do just this. Read on to learn how it’ll help your business.
Related: Check out our complete software list with 70+ companies, all reviewed by our professional writers.
Why Home Value Leads?
Real estate lead generation presents an endless challenge for agents, brokers, and realtors: How can I encourage potential clients to reach out or share their contact information with me?
One tried and true method is adding value by offering something useful in exchange for contact information.
Many companies provide lead generation tools for this purpose, but today we’re looking at Home Value Leads and how their product helps you attract and follow-up with users who are considering selling their home.
What Is Home Value Leads?
As the name hints, Home Value Leads (HVL) attracts real estate seller leads by offering lead capture pages in the form of free, accurate data on the current value of their home.
To access the data, sellers will enter their contact information. This information is saved and organized on the agent’s dashboard to be followed-up automatically at set intervals.
- What the seller sees: An attractive website for a specific real estate agent that tells them the current value of their home for free with no sales pressure.
- What the agent sees: A landing page that is super-charged with lead generation capabilities thanks to the lead magnet: Free home value data for sellers.
Home Value Leads features
Free Home Value Reports
If you tried to compile accurate home value data for every seller lead manually, you wouldn’t have much time left over to actually sell homes.
HVL fills the gap by automatically aggregating the most accurate information on a home’s current value and giving it to the seller in exchange for an email address and name. You can also adjust the values if needed.
Value Beyond the Zestimate
Give potential sellers accurate home value information that goes beyond the general Zillow Zestimate (which they’ve likely already viewed).
HVL partners with SmartZip Analytics to access accurate, up-to-date information on the value of a home. If you discover that the estimates aren’t quite right, you can adjust them right from your admin panel.
Fully Branded Landing Pages
Lead magnets don’t need to be heavily branded – in fact, if you “lay it on thick too early,” you risk scaring your lead away or making them more guarded, expecting to be sold to instead of supported.
In fact, home Value Leads says themselves that, “After extensive testing, we have found that the minimally branded sites will generate more leads.”
And once a seller enters your funnel, they’ll be sent to a confirmation page that is fully branded with your name, logo or photo, and contact information.
Stay top of mind with your new leads using the lead follow-up feature, which allows you to customize drip campaigns for every step of the process. You can send automated text messages or emails with this feature.
You have the option to select a generic message (there are several provided by HVL), delete any messages you don’t want going out, or add your own messages to follow-up with new leads automatically.
Instant Lead Notification
Online leads have a short shelf life because it’s so easy for prospects to go to another agent’s website or lead magnet in a short period of time. You only have about 5 minutes after getting a lead to respond before it goes cold.
With Instant Lead Notification (text and email alerts), you can make sure you never miss a chance to quickly follow-up with a lead, and that can mean more conversions.
Made for Mobile
HVL landing pages are optimized for both desktop and mobile devices, so your prospects see your site exactly as they should no matter where or how they view it.
Facebook Advertising Help
Get expert advice and step-by-step instructions to set up lead-generating Facebook ads with this helpful feature.
You can create and set up your ad campaigns using the HVL advertising tab, and their team will review your ad(s) for free. You’ll be guided through the entire process:
- Authorize HVL to access your Facebook ad account from the admin panel
- Start creating an ad by choosing your city and a daily budget amount
- Create an ad set with 8 different ad variations (all auto-generated)
- Add the Facebook pixel to your landing page
- Allot more of your budget toward the best-converting ads
If you’re just not comfortable creating and managing your own ads, HVL does offer a Facebook Ads Management option for a fee (read more under the ‘Add-on options’ heading below).
Integrate with Your Website
If you already have a website, you can still use HVL landing pages. We don’t recommend signing up until you have a domain of your own.
There are 2 ways to link your Home Value Leads landing page with your current domain. Option 1 is geared toward more technologically savvy users, while option 2 is faster and the most user-friendly.
- Set up a sub-domain for the landing page (Example: homevalues.bethreedrealty.com)
- Add the HVL widget directly to any page of your website (Example: Homepage, landing pages, specialized Home Values page)
Export Leads to Your CRM
You won’t need to manually add your new leads to your CRM because HVL can do it with a simple automated setting. You CRM just needs to accept new leads through email.
This way, you can set your Home Value Leads to automatically export to your CRM as soon as they enter your funnel.
To take advantage of this feature, you’ll need to enter the unique email address provided by your CRM for this purpose in your HVL admin panel settings.
Home Value Leads makes sure you’re supported with help available anytime you need it. They offer step-by-step guides and ad creation tools.
There’s also a private Facebook group for customer support, and email support. They do not provide phone support. Their FAQ states, “There is someone online almost 24 hours a day to help you.”
- Support times: Weekdays, 9:00 AM through 5:00 PM Pacific Standard Time
- Average response time: 52 minutes
Home Value Leads Plans and Pricing
These useful features undoubtedly offer a lot of support and value to real estate agents, but are they priced reasonably? Home Value Leads offers a single plan at a set monthly rate.
While you can’t pick and choose features to get a higher- or lower-priced monthly plan that best fits your budget and needs, we really like the simplicity of Home Value Leads’ pricing.
- $59.99/month after free trial ends
- Includes the complete system (unlimited landing pages, home valuation reports, text, and email drip campaigns, lead notifications)
- Access to step-by-step guides and eBooks for lead gen, Facebook ads, and conversion optimization
- Month-to-month; no contracts or obligations
- Lead Enhancement. Available for an additional unspecified fee. Sometimes, leads enter bogus or incomplete information to get the lead magnet. When that happens, the add-on Lead Enhancement feature will automatically search for the lead’s contact info.
- Facebook Advertising Management. Available for an additional unspecified fee. If you’re unable to create and manage your own ads, let the team know at firstname.lastname@example.org and they’ll work with you to determine a quote for ad management.
- Discount Additional Sites. HVL offers a “substantial discount” if you need additional sites for other agents, regions, etc. Contact customer support at email@example.com to determine what kind of discount you can get.
Hidden and Additional Fees
- Returning customers. Previous customers with past failed payments incur a one-time additional fee of $49.99 (on top of the $59.99 monthly fee) to sign up for a new account, are not eligible for the 14 day free trial if they used it last time, and may not be able to get the data and content from their previous account back.
- Domain and web hosting. It’s not technically an HVL fee, but it’s something you’ll have to foot the bill for.
- You’ll need to purchase a domain and monthly web hosting to use in conjunction with your landing pages.
- HVL will supply you with a domain to use if you don’t have one set up, but they warn against using this option. You are only allowed to use their domain for as long as you are a customer.
- If you decide to stop using their tools, you lose access to the domain, landing pages, and all information contained on the website. You do not own any domain that HVL allows you to use.
Extras and discounts
2 Week Free Trial
Try Home Value Leads absolutely free for 14 days before deciding if you want to sign up. You will enter your credit card information, but you won’t be charged until you decide to continue after the trial has ended. There is a convenient link to cancel in the email you receive notifying you of the end of your trial.
HVL may offer a special discounted rate to customers who agree to sign a contract for an extended-term (i.e., 6 months instead of month-to-month). Contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this option.
Home valuations are a powerful tool, and we love Home Value Lead’s product. We wish the product was more customizable, but at its core, we think the product is worth buying.
User Review( vote)
For an agent who already has, or is planning to get a website domain, Home Value Leads is a terrific tool to fine-tune the website to be a lead generation machine.
However, for agents who do not have and do not plan to purchase a website domain, it’s will only be helpful for as long as they’re paying the $59.99 monthly fee.
They will offer a domain to agents without one, so anyone can use their landing pages, but the agent won’t own the domain or the content on it. The company will.
Domain ownership aside, Home Value Leads offers realtors and agents a cost-effective way to give something of value to prospects help and support for other avenues of lead generation.
There’s enough integration and automation to move the tool into the “Worth It” column for busy real estate professionals. If you’ve used this service, let us know about your experience in the comments section below!
Home Value Leads Final Verdict
Home Value Leads is not a “jack of all trades, master of none” – it’s a master of one trade, and that’s real estate lead generation.
They provide real estate agents with landing pages that are designed to generate home seller leads by offering property value data beyond what they can get from other websites.