Are you searching for “Boise appliance repair?” If so, you came to the right place. Our complete guide covers common ailments, things to consider, and a way to connect you with local appliance repair vendors.
Disclaimer: REthority is supported by ads and participation in affiliate programs. We may earn a commission when you click our links. The information included in this post is for informational purposes only and should not be taken as legal or financial advice.
Intro to Boise Appliance Repair
Boise appliance repair technicians service all types of home appliances. Commonly serviced appliances include:
- Washing machines
- Air conditioners
- And vacuum cleaners
Some Boise appliance repair technicians even provide same-day service. The “City of Trees” is home to several qualified appliance repair companies and technicians.
In this Boise appliance repair guide, we’ll cover a little background on the city, the most common appliance repairs and their cost, and when to call a Boise appliance repair company.
We also include a quick form to get a free quote from a local appliance repair company.
About Boise, Idaho
Boise, Idaho is the largest city in Idaho and the state capitol. It’s home to about 236,000 people and is one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States. The Boise River runs straight through the heart of the city.
It’s had the nickname City of Trees since its founding in 1863. Today, downtown Boise is a lively place with bistros, a pedestrian bridge, art studios, and theaters. One resident says:
“Going to the Boise River Greenbelt is like going to a convention or festival that is always taking place. There is so much to do there and all of it is different.”
No wonder it’s become famous for its craft beer breweries. You’ll usually find people hanging out on the banks of the Boise River, too.
Boise’s Unique Features
Boise is certainly a jewel in the crown of Idaho, the Gem State. It’s a beautiful wooded area with stunning views of the Boise Mountains.
Even surrounded by unique eateries, attractions, shops, and natural beauty, residents still deal with everyday issues like broken appliances.
When a washing machine or dishwasher breaks, the search for Boise appliance repair can be a little overwhelming. There are hundreds of appliance repair technicians and companies in the area.
How do you know which is the best? We wondered the same thing, which is why we made this guide. Read on to learn everything you need to know.
Finding Boise Appliance Repair
Finding Boise appliance repair companies feels a bit like searching for a needle in a haystack. Every company and technician says they’re the best; every person has a different recommendation to offer.
Searching online will lead you to several options, but reviews aren’t always honest. And many are outdated. Start with our form to find reliable Boise appliance repair you can trust.
By entering the type of service you need and your contact information, a qualified repair technician near you will respond with a free quote.
What’s better than having the appliance repair come to you? Next, we’ll cover the most common appliance repairs, replacement parts, and how much these issues cost to fix on average.
Most Common Boise Appliance Repairs
Before you call an appliance repair company, you might find the problem you’re having below and average repair or replacement costs.
These are the most common appliance repair problems you may encounter, according to Consumer Reports.
Boise Refrigerator Repair
Refrigerators are the most common appliance to be repaired. And the most common ailments include having no water or ice coming from the door dispenser and a broken ice maker.
Cheryl Freeman, owner of a Boise appliance repair shop, finds that ice makers on modern refrigerators can be a little flimsy. They typically require replacement because the molded plastic pieces can’t be fixed when broken.
“I went out on a Boise call today. The customer’s complaint was, “ice maker not making ice.” When I get a call like this I immediately think that the ice-maker is bad so I always bring a new one out with me to the job-site, expecting to replace.”
No wonder ice makers and dispensers are such a common reason to call an appliance repair company!
Average Refrigerator Repair Cost
Refrigerator repair ranges in cost based on what needs to be repaired or replaced. The overall average cost for refrigerator repair is anywhere from $200 to $330.
- Freezer repair costs anywhere from $90 to $650, but usually about $350 on average.
- Ice maker repair can be expensive, about $330 on average.
- Ice maker replacement is less costly, about $60 to $200 on average.
- Control board replacements range from $80 (basic refrigerator) to $800 (for high-end models).
- Thermostat replacements will cost anywhere from $100 to $440.
- Refrigerator coil replacement costs from $100 to $440 as well.
- Door seals run about $50 on average.
- Drip pan replacement will cost anywhere from $50 to $200.
- Installing a new refrigerator costs $150 to $250, not including the cost of the unit.
Boise Dishwasher Repair
Dishwashers are another common appliance people call Boise appliance repair companies about. The most common problem homeowners report with dishwashers is that they aren’t cleaning properly.
“Not drying properly” comes in a close second. People also experience dishwashers not draining, issues with the control panel, water leaking, or dish racks breaking.
Average Dishwasher Repair Cost
- Dishwasher repairs range in price based on the root of the problem. The overall average cost of dishwasher repair ranges from $50 to $600, with $230 being the average.
- Dishwasher pump replacement costs $150 to $350 on average.
- Dishwasher motor replacements cost $400 to $600 on average.
- Dishwasher heating elements cost $150 to $250 to replace on average.
- Filter replacements run anywhere from $50 to $100 on average.
- Sprayer arm replacements cost $75 to $100 on average.
- Water inlet valve replacements are anywhere from $80 to $125.
- Door latch replacements are $150 to $250 on average.
- The cost to install a dishwasher is anywhere from about $110 to $270.
Boise Washing Machine Repair
Washing machines have a few common issues that lead consumers to call appliance repair technicians. The most common issue that appliance repair companies get called about is the development of mold in the washing machine.
This happens to front-loading machines commonly because the doors must be watertight. A rubber gasket in the door creates the seal that keeps water inside the machine.
But it also traps water and develops mold over time. The washing machine’s drum failing to spin takes second place, followed by the machine not draining, controls not working, and water leaking.
Average Washing Machine Repair Cost
Washing machine repair costs vary based on the part that needs to be repaired or replaced. Expect to pay about $150 for washing machine repair.
- Front-loading washing machine gasket replacement costs about $150 to replace on average.
- Washing machine transmission replacement costs anywhere from $95 up to $300 on average.
- Door latch replacements are usually about $115.
- Water level switch replacements will cost about $150 on average.
- Washing machine belts and couplings typically cost around $145 to replace.
- Bearing and spring replacements cost about $150 on average.
- Washing machine pump replacements are about $450 on average.
Why Call a Boise Appliance Repair Company?
When one of your appliances breaks or stops working properly, the best thing to do is call a local appliance repair company. They have the experience, knowledge, and skills to repair your appliances.
But they also take important safety precautions. Here are a few reasons to call a Boise appliance repair company when you notice a problem with one of your appliances.
High Altitude Concerns
Boise, Idaho is a high-elevation city at 2,730′ above sea level. Some areas require that appliance installation and replacements be certified at such high altitudes in compliance with local codes.
This means they will need to be professionally adjusted to the high-altitude rating when they’re installed anywhere between 2,000 feet and 4,500 feet above sea level.
Boise appliance repair companies understand these requirements and ensure that your appliances are installed per any local codes or requirements.
The city of Boise requires homeowners, repair technicians, and contractors to have the correct permits before doing certain work within or on a home. That includes appliance repair, installation, and replacement.
Mechanical permits are required in Boise if:
- Any part of your heating/cooling system will be installed or changed
- Ductwork, vent systems, or chimneys will be installed or altered
- Wood stoves, fireplace inserts, or gas fireplaces will be installed or altered
- Gas piping between your meter and any appliance will be installed, altered, or repaired
- Exhaust bath fans or dryer vents will be installed
Electrical permits are required in Boise if:
- Any hard-wired electrical system is installed, changed, or repaired
- Additional wiring is run to an outlet or light fixture
- Fuse boxes will are changed to circuit breakers
- Outlets or switches are added to any room
Plumbing permits are required in Boise if:
- The piping system in your home is repaired, replaced, or relocated
- New plumbing fixtures (toilets, sinks, showers, dishwashers, etc.) are installed
- Water heaters are installed or replaced
- Any change or installation of appliances that require concealed plumbing
- Pipes are replumbed
Hiring a Boise appliance repair company ensures you don’t have to worry about getting permits. Any reputable business will secure the proper permits before beginning work on any appliance in your home.
Avoid Costly Mistakes and Damage
The idea of DIY appliance repair may be exciting, but it rarely turns out well if you don’t have the proper experience and skills. Most appliance repair technicians work under more experienced technicians for months or years.
This experience helps them feel comfortable taking on major repair jobs alone. If you’re altering or moving the internal components of an appliance, you could make a malfunction worse than the original problem.
It’s easy to overtighten connections and shear bolts or threads that will require expensive replacements. Even making small adjustments to large appliances can cause additional issues that require a professional’s help to fix.
It’s always best to leave appliance repair to professionals. I’d know — I tried fixing a few different appliances and ended up wasting money because I either did it wrong or bought incorrect parts.
Extend the Life of Your Appliances
Relying on a professional to handle all appliance maintenance and repairs will extend the life of your appliances. Say you think something will need to be replaced entirely.
An experienced technician may find that a small part replacement is needed. They will be able to advise you on appliance maintenance schedules and what you can do to ensure your appliances work efficiently.
When it’s time for a new refrigerator or washing machine, they provide recommendations on brands and models. They can also install new appliances for you.
Find the Best Boise Appliance Repair
Boise is a fast-growing, naturally beautiful city. It’s filled with appliance repair companies that understand local permit requirements and codes.
With all this information in mind, you now know the most common appliance repairs, average costs, and why calling an appliance repair technician is the best option.
You’re ready to find a good appliance repair company near you. Hiring a professional is always the best choice for any appliance repair job!
Use our form above to connect with Boise appliance repair technicians that can offer you a free quote for the service you need in the City of Trees.