Uline boxes come in all shapes and sizes, and each of them makes moving a breeze. But what do they cost? And what types are there? Scroll down to read our complete guide now.
Disclaimer: REthority is supported by ads and participation in affiliate programs. We may earn a commission when you click our links. The information included in this post is for informational purposes only.
Why Buy Uline Boxes?
With locations across the U.S., Uline is the leading distributor of shipping supplies and shipping boxes in North America. If you’re moving, you’re going to need a lot of supplies.
Whether you’re packing on your own or moving with a professional company, you can save money by ordering your corrugated boxes, bubble wrap, and packing tape through Uline.
And if you order by 6 PM, your order has same day shipping. With 11 locations in North America, shipping costs are affordable and delivery is fast. We’ve outlined everything you need to know about Uline shipping boxes and how they stack up against the competition.
Read Next: Where to Get Cheap Moving Boxes
Your Moving Checklist
First off, what kinds of boxes and packaging materials will you need for your next move? You’ll need an array of boxes and packing items to ensure your items get to your new home in one piece. Here’s a handy checklist:
- Boxes: Make sure to have an array of small, medium, large, and extra large boxes as well as specialty sizes for unique items.
- Box cutter: For opening cartons.
- Sealing tape: Be sure to have plenty of tape, such as reinforced Kraft sealing tape.
- Bubble wrap: Ensure breakable items are cushioned and protected.
- Sheets of newspaper: Fill empty spaces and wrap lightweight items without purchasing paper or wrap.
- Packing peanuts: Keep items from sliding around in transit.
- Marker: Label boxes with information about the contents and what room they are for.
- Carpet protection tape: Protect your carpet from damage during your move.
Types of Uline Boxes
It sounds self explanatory, but it turns out there are a ton of different kinds of cardboard boxes. It’s hard to know what you might need to make your move easy. Here are all of the types of moving boxes available from Uline:
Deluxe Moving Boxes
- Tabs to hold flaps down for hands-free packing.
- Preprinted write-on panel.
- Can hold 200 lbs.
- Box sizes available:
- 12 x 12 x 12″ (best for books, tools, candles)
- 18 x 18 x 18″ (bulkier items)
- 18 x 18 x 24″ (clothing, lampshades)
- 24 x 18 x 18″ (clothing, home accessories, decorations)
- 24 x 18 x 24″ (linens, towels, pillows)
Speed Pack Boxes
- Oversized box with lid
- Can be moved with a dolly
- 40 x 30 x 30″
- Can hold up to 1,200 pounds
- Extra long design for artwork, computers and office equipment
- Optional lid
- 49 x 20 x 24″
- Narrow width to fit down hallways
- Great for business owners moving offices
Artwork and Mirror Boxes
- Small, medium, large and extra large sizes
- Protect fragile mirrors and artwork
- Optional high quality corrugated and foam frame protectors
- Sold in bundle quantities 5-25
Dishes and Glass Pack Boxes
- Heavy duty for dishes and glasses
- Partitions included to separate glasses and dishes
- Glass pack kits feature hand holes for easy carrying
- Dish pack kit fits standard dinner plates
- Options available:
- 16 x 12 x 9″ (12 wine or pilsner glasses)
- 17-1/2 x 12 x 9-1/4 (12 red wine glasses)
- 24 x 12 x 6″ (18 short glasses)
- 24 x 12 x 12″ (18 tall glasses)
- 26 x 14 x 12″ (11″ dishes)
- Move your clothes straight from your closet to your new one
- Clothes hand on 24″ bar included
- Ships unassembled by Uline, but you can easily assemble at home
- Standard, tall and flat options available
Other Specialty Boxes
- Flat panel TV moving box
- Boxes with hand holes
- Storage file boxes
- Guitar boxes
- Rifle boxes
- Lamp boxes
- Corrugated totes
- Mattress boxes
- Suit shippers
- Suitcase box
- Tennis racquet box
- Golf box
Uline Moving Kits
Now that’s a lot of box options. It can be hard to guess how many you’ll need and what other packaging supplies your move will require. One easy way to solve this is to opt for one of Uline’s pre-assembled moving kits.
There is an apartment pack, small home kit, and deluxe home kit. Each offers everything you need for moving with boxes and packing materials like tape, cushioning, knives, and markers. One option is to start with a kit and then order additional boxes as needed with same-day shipping.
Uline vs the Competition
Of course, there are a lot of other shipping supply websites out there. Or, if you’re moving with a moving company, they will have their own boxes available as well. Here’s how Uline stacks up.
Low Shipping Costs
But, it tends to have the lowest shipping costs since it has 11 warehouses in North America (7 in the United States). That means your order will ship faster as well.
Uline offers next day shipping and most receive their boxes within a day or two of ordering. Products are delivered via Fedex or UPS. That said, you could avoid shipping entirely by purchasing moving boxes at your local Lowe’s or Home Depot.
But, you won’t be able to find all of the specialty options Uline offers. Also, keep in mind that heavy duty moving boxes are heavy.
If you purchase them at a brick-and-mortar location, you’ll have to get them from the car into your home on your own. (As someone who has done this in a third-floor walk-up, I can say it’s easier said than done).
Among online competitors, Uline has the most robust customer service department. It offers 24/7 call support, live chat, and email. Overall, their customer service gets great reviews when it comes to addressing issues like damaged boxes.
Support staff is friendly and helpful, and if you order a large amount of items, you will have your own designated representative.
Should You Buy Uline Boxes?
Moving can be overwhelming. And if you aren’t an expert in shipping and warehouse supplies, it can be tough to know what to order — and how much of it. One option to make things a little easier is to order a pre-made shipping kit from Uline.
The company has been known for quality products since 1980, so you will have peace of mind your belongings will get from A to B in one piece!