Any good Realtor knows how important it is to have a professional-looking website that hosts the most up-to-date listings available. IDX Broker offers a powerful tool to create just that, using a highly customizable IDX provider on WordPress. Read on to find out how this can help boost your business.
Related: If you like IDX Broker, make sure to check out Real Geeks.
What Is an IDX Website?
If you’ve been looking into creating a real estate website, chances are you’ve heard the term IDX tossed around. You know you need one, but what does it mean?
In tech terms, IDX stands for Internet Data Exchange. In the real estate world, that translates to the way brokers can access and display MLS listing information on their site.
Realtors can customize the parameters as to what, where, and how IDX listings are displayed. This means you can set certain locations, price ranges, and so on.
When prospective buyers head to your site, their home search will always yield the most up-to-date listings. An IDX site will always show the latest information on the Multiple Listing Service, without you having to manually update a thing.
How Does IDX Broker Work?
IDX Broker is one of the most popular IDX solutions on the market. Working with any WordPress site, the software offers WordPress plugins and an agent dashboard.
Brokers can easily build custom search bars, listings in custom parameters, map search, and more. IDX Broker is one of the most customizable options out there.
IDX Broker Packages
You can create custom widgets, listing pages, and Facebook pages. For agents, this is offered in two packages:
IDX Broker Lite
IDX Broker’s most affordable option, Lite, costs just $50 per month, and there is no annual contract. This is great option for brokers looking to test the waters and get a custom IDX site off the ground. Here’s the breakdown of what it offers:
- Access all essential plug-and-play widgets for any WordPress theme
- Includes an agent-specific featured listing showcase for team and office accounts
- Save and manage your widgets on IDX Broker
- Access many out-of-the-box widgets
- Unlimited map results and customizable map search
- Map search compatible with your website branding
- Build unlimited custom link map search results pages
- Customize your core Map Search page with your own subheader content
- “Fly to” technology takes page visitors to a specific location
- Add maps to your results pages automatically
- Customize details like Walk Score and street view
- Powerful lead management and page type capture controls
- Lead capture from searches, maps, results, and photo gallery
- Office and team features for key office needs
- Manual lead assignment with automatic emails to the agent
- Route leads by core fields
- Manage realtor biography details
- Control and customize emails
- Test email tool to confirm quality
- Add your office, admin, or CRM email as a CC or BCC on lead notifications
- Customize email subheaders, wrapper, and CSS
- Save search and custom link controls
- Create predefined saved search links on all of your custom search pages
- Validate your search saved links with a built-in link validation tool
- Customize your core search page controls
- Create map search, basic search, advanced search, street address, and MLS listing number
- Apply custom or default city, county, and postal code listings
- Add market and school data to results
That’s a lot to digest. But in a nutshell, IDX Broker Lite offers the capability to create your own custom site with widgets, custom searches, and map results. Then, IDX Broker will help with lead generation and continued contact with custom emails.
IDX Broker Platinum
This package offers everything you get with IDX Broker Lite plus added customization capabilities. IDX Broker Platinum costs $70 per month. Here are some of the added features you get for that extra $20 per month:
- Custom widgets
- Along with the essential plug-and-play widgets, Platinum offers custom widgets like map search, my listing manager signup form, and custom showcase and slideshow widgets
- Home Atlas map features
- On top of the unlimited map results, you can also display portal-style listings on an interactive map
- Use polygon search tools to create custom links
- Build custom links with radius map search tools
- Added lead import and export capture controls
- Capture leads and import and export them, then manage saved exports and page-level lead capture
- You can also get simple and authentic lead capture with social media logins
- Make your team seem bigger by automatically importing agents from your MLS feed
- Customize your MLS feed by changing the name of your MLS or removing information like “under contract” or “pending” that may confuse your clients
Again, it’s a lot of tech jargon to process, but IDX Broker Platinum offers everything that you’ll get with Lite plus many more customization tools.This allows you to create an even more sophisticated looking website.
Think high-tech interactive map technology. You also have more powerful lead generation using search engines and social media and an expanded ability to export and manage your leads.
More Package Options
Along with Lite and Platinum, you can also upgrade to expanded Team and Office packages. These options are great solutions for two-agent teams and small offices. They offer the same benefits as the Agent package plus added office management tools.
The team package is only an additional $10 per month. Agents get their own email updates and lead/listing management tools. If you’re unsure of what package is best for your business, head to idxbroker.com and take a tour.
IDX Broker Pros and Cons
IDX Broker is one of the most popular options on the market for real estate web design. That said, there are a lot of competitors out there. Here are some pros and cons to show how IDX Broker stacks up:
- One of the most customizable options on the market. Create custom search box and listing options and create your own lead capture options
- Enjoy extras like sold listings data, display on Facebook business pages, printable flyers, and custom search pages
- If you use Top Producer for your CRM, IDX Broker has an easy integration tool with your IDX Broker account
- Training and customer support is highly rated
- IDX Broker offers a free trail so you can test the waters
- While IDX Broker is affordable, there are cheaper options out there, like Diverse Solutions
- IDX Broker uses Mapquest instead of Google Maps for its map search. The solution is great for Polygon
- Search and Pin Clustering, but many can feel Mapquest is outdated
- $99 Setup Fee (although this is standard across competitors as well)
Should You Subscribe to IDX Broker?
IDX Broker is one of the most popular real estate IDX websites on the market. Real estate firms like Century 21, Coldwell Banker, RE/MAX, and Windermere Real Estate all use the service.
This is because of its seamless integration with any WordPress theme. Use IDX to create a custom site or start with a site you already have.
For a nominal fee without any annual contract, IDX Broker offers a ton of custom options. It is one of the most flexible programs on the market.
Create custom search bars, listings pages, and integrate your social media presence. This offers trusted lead generation, and IDX Broker has the software to stay in touch with your leads.
If a custom IDX Website is something you’re considering, head to idxbroker.com and take a 15-minute tour. IDX Broker will walk you through an example site and show you how the software can drive engagement and generate more leads for your real estate business.