Har.com is an award-winning website that supplies information on real estate for sale and rent in Texas. Created by the Houston Association of Realtors, the site features properties listed on the MLS and includes mobile search functionality. Read on to find out how you can use HAR.com to connect with a Texas realtor to find your perfect home.
Disclaimer: REthority is supported by ads and participation in affiliate programs. We may earn a commission when you click our links. The information included in this post is for informational purposes only and should not be taken as legal or financial advice.
Related: Buying a house? Make sure you’re prepared by reading our complete guide on how to buy a home.
What is HAR.com?
The Houston Association of Realtors created HAR.com to boost its online presence and it has worked well. With over 30,000 Harmembers, finding your dream home is easy. Additionally, the site is not Houston-specific, as it includes all MLS-listed homes across Texas. We were impressed when we found out about this resource as we’ve never seen such a detailed website from a realtor association. There are too many good features to list, so we’ve included the ones we think are the most useful in your Texas home search.
What HAR.com Offers
Your dream home is only a click away with HAR.com’s website or mobile app. They provide rentals, sales, and foreclosure listings in an easy-to-read format.
You can search by City or Zip Code and find basic information along with the real estate agent contact information. Additional information includes tax assessment information, school districts, a mortgage calculator, subdivision facts, and even drive time. Information is presented similar to that of Zillow but we find it to be more streamlined and comprehensive.
Finding rental homes or apartments on HAR.com is as easy as searching the site or using their mobile app, Texas Rentals. The same information from the website is presented, though it’s more condensed for mobile compatibility.
It’s easy to search a foreclosure on HAR.com. You can search by City or Zip Code and find basic information along with the real estate agent contact information. Additionally, the listings include tax assessment information, school districts, a mortgage calculator, and other popular search filters.
Tip: Moving? Make sure to hire the right moving company
To be as consumer-friendly as possible, HAR.com offers many useful tools to make finding your new home as easy as possible. We’ve included our favorites and think you’ll love them too.
- Map Search – Allowing you to search a map for homes, this feature makes it easy to weed out properties outside your ideal search area.
- My Home Finder – This feature helps you easily find a home based on square feet, listing price, number of rooms, or any other standard listing metric.
- Home Rental – Similar to the My Home Finder, HAR.com’s search features let you narrow your search by a number of different criteria and amenities.
- Most Popular Listings – This feature is not new technology, but is also not commonly presented in home apps. We love this feature as it picks homes that are popular in your search area.
- Drive Time Search – A feature unique to HAR.com is the Drive Time Search. This is included on each listing and allows users to plan their listing by finding the drive time. But make sure to remember to account for traffic, especially in the Dallas and Houston areas!
- Open House Finder – Want to see multiple houses without making an appointment with a realtor? HAR.com’s Open House Finder helps you find dates and times to do just that.
- Just listed – In competitive markets it’s critical to be first to the listing. The Just Listed tool notifies Harmembers when a new listing is posted. This can be narrowed by city, amenities, and much more, which makes it helpful during the search for your dream home.
Selling a home is not an easy process, but HAR.com’s helpful tools aim to make listing a property stress-free. After all, why spend more time on the small stuff when you can be in the field making money?
- HAR Facebook Ads – Texas realtors have stiff competition, especially in cities like Houston or Dallas. But don’t worry, Har.com has a tool that helps you bring an audience to your ads using Facebook ads.
- Social Media Plug-ins – Used in combination with HAR Facebook ads, the Social Media Plug-In for MLS helps promote listings on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. In the digital age, access to these tools is crucial to stand out among competition.
- Listing Videos – HAR.com’s video guide makes it easy to promote your home in a video by offering recommendations on length, content, and structure. Of course, these are then promoted on the website and mobile app to allow maximum market exposure.
- 713-Realtor Hotline – Let’s face it, you’re busy and can’t stop an open house or showing to take a phone call. That’s where HAR.com’s 713-Realtor Property Hotline comes in. Offering pre-recorded information about a listing, you can ensure home buyers have the information they need when they need it. Houston realtors have access to new technologies like this and much more as a Harmember.
Tip: Don’t yet have your license? Check out Texas-based Champions School of Real Estate.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can use HAR.com?
Renters, investors, and anyone looking for a home can use the site. However, agents must be a member of the Houston Association of Realtors to use the site for commercial purposes.
I am an inactive Houston Realtor. Can I use the site?
Unfortunately not, you must have an active license
Is Har.com Free?
Yes, it’s free for anyone looking for a home!
How is Har.com different than Zillow or another online service?
While both services list homes for sale, Har.com shows only Texas listings and we think it presents the information a little better. However, Zillow also provides listings not on the MLS, so it’s best to use both service in your home search to ensure you aren’t missing any options.
Should You Use HAR.com?
If you are a member of the Houston Association of Realtors, you’re eligible to join HAR.com and we highly suggest doing so. Not only does the site have award-winning tools, but it offers free access to home buyers. With great leadership and a desire to make the platform as user-friendly as possible, we highly suggest using this resource when buying or selling a home.