Everlance makes spending hours tracking your mileage a thing of the past. Using its simple tool, agents and freelancers can easily automate the mileage tracking process. Read on to learn if we think this app is right for you.
Disclaimer: REthority is supported by ads and participation in affiliate programs. We may earn a commission when you click our links.
What Is Everlance?
How organized are you when tracking your self-employment expenses and mileage? If you’re like many, you struggle to keep track of all your information and end up trudging through piles of receipts for hours at tax time.
Let’s face it, we’re in the digital age, which means there’s an app for any daily problem that freelancers and agents face daily. That’s why we’re doing a full review of the Everlance app today.
Everlance is the highest-rated mileage tracker and expense logging app available for iOS and Android smartphones and tablets. Its purpose is to help freelancers and self-employed workers track their work-related expenses and mileage to ensure they comply with IRS tax laws.
Keep reading to learn all there is to know about Everlance including its features, pricing, reviews, and alternatives. We’ve done the research so you don’t have to!
Everlance’s Best Features
Below, we’ve listed the features that you can use on the Everlance mileage and expense tracking app.
Track Your Mileage Automatically
The app automatically tracks your mileage as you drive. You can select whether the trip is business-related or personal so you can accurately keep track of how many miles you drive for business reasons. Touch the Stop button to stop tracking mileage at any time.
The app lets you download PDF or Excel reports of your mileage so you can keep a running log of your business mileage without writing down anything.
Set Work Hours for Mileage Tracking
This feature saves you from having to continually push Stop in the app when you’re driving for purposes outside of business. Simply set your typical workdays and hours, and the app will track your driving mileage automatically during those times.
You can still use the manual Stop button if you run an errand, take a day off, or drive for personal reasons during your set work hours.
GPS Tracker for Mileage Reimbursement
If you’re using the app to track mileage for reimbursement at work, or if you’re an employer having your employees use Everlance, the option to use the GPS capability in the tracker is a huge bonus. This can confirm that the amount of mileage and routes in the reports are correct and save a lot of hassle.
You can download these reports and send them directly to your finance department, or have employees send them straight to you. That can save you a lot of time!
Choose Favorite Locations
Everlance lets you set up favorite locations for spots you drive to regularly. When you drive to a favorite location, the app will categorize it accordingly. For example, say you save a warehouse as “Warehouse A”.
When you travel to that location, the app will categorize your trip as “Trip to Warehouse A.” This can help you more accurately review your mileage reports and see the areas you tend to travel to most often.
Track Your Expenses and Receipts
Digitally organize and track every cent you spend on your business with Everlance’s expense tracking capabilities. When you use your business credit card, the app will digitize the receipts and track those expenses for you.
This eliminates the need to keep up with paper receipts that are easy to lose or file in a disorganized way. You can also upload existing receipts to keep a digital record of them. Keeping track of your receipts is also part of the app’s IRS compliance feature.
Sync with Bank and Credit Cards
This feature helps you further automate your expense tracking. When you sync the app with your bank and credit cards, you can accurately track which expenses are on your personal account and which apply to the business. You’ll also be left with a detailed report of business expenses along the way.
Set Up Transaction Rules
If you are budgeting different amounts for different areas of business, this feature can remove a lot of the challenges. Set up different expense categories and have Everlance automatically track which expenses fall under those categories by setting up transaction rules.
Track Your Revenue
If you’re driving around to complete jobs, this app makes it easier. You can enter the amount of revenue received from each job. The app will automatically tally and organize the revenue information so you can access it in reports later.
Meet IRS Compliance Rules
Tracking self-employment expenses or expenses for work can put you in a tight spot if you make a mistake or forget to hang onto a receipt, track a trip’s mileage, etc.
Everlance can help you make sure you’re covered and meeting all IRS compliance rules for self-employed deductions and expenses by keeping a running tally of your mileage (personal vs. business), receipts, expenses, and more.
Integrate with Other Platforms
Everlance now integrates with 2 other platforms so you can make sure all your information is synced and linked. Both Freshbooks and Xero integrate with this app.
Use the Freshbooks integration to import your mileage and expenses into your bookkeeping account automatically. Use the Xero integration to automatically file your receipts and keep track of your mileage reports.
Everlance Plans and Pricing
How much does it cost to use the Everlance app? Here are the pricing plans and packages available right now.
Free Premium Trial
When you download the Everlance app, you will automatically begin a Premium plan trial. If you decide to stick with the Premium plan, you can choose whether to pay annually or monthly. If you do not want to keep the Premium plan when your trial ends, you will be reverted to the Basic plan that has limited features.
No matter which option you choose, you will still have access to your past reports and data have access to your data.
Basic — $0
- The free version of the app
- Track up to 30 automatic trips per month
- Unlimited receipt uploads
- IRS compliant reports
Premium — $8/month ($5/month if paid annually)
- 100% automatic trip and mileage detection
- Sync your bank and credit card transactions with the app
- Download advanced PDF & Excel reports
- Premium customer support
Teams — Contact Everlance for Pricing
- Contact: email@example.com
- Reduced pricing available without SLA or transactions
- Team admin dashboard
- Dedicated customer support
Everlance User Reviews
People that have used Everlance app have a lot to say about its usefulness, reliability, and ease of use. There’s a reason it’s so highly rated! Here are some of the top Everlance reviews we found online.
- “I became an independent contractor with a company that provided Everlance to keep up with the miles for me. Didn’t think I’d really remember to turn Everlance on to track my mileage until I found the automatic trip detection. I do sometimes get frustrated because it WILL track your every mile & you then have to classify the unclassified & it piles up at times, but that’s my own fault.” -iOS user
- “This is a great app. It’s very simple but very versatile at the same time. When I swipe the trip to the right to mark it a work trip Immediately get pop-ups of categories for work trips. Fantastic feature for somebody like me with multiple clients…I also like that it makes it very easy to merge trips, a frustration for me with other apps I’ve used. With this app a couple clicks and the trips are merged. I also like that it’s easy to manually enter addresses and it will calculate yes calculate the mileage.” -iOS user
- “Let me use immediately without signup so I could try it out with no hassle like a few others. Very intuitive and unobtrusive. Don’t hesitate to try it out.” -Android user
- “Fantastic utility product for business owners especially if you’re looking to get rid of the physical logbook & storing receipts. Used across iOS, windows, Mac & Android with no issues.” -Android user
Everlance Pros and Cons
Like most apps, there are benefits and drawbacks to using Everlance. Discover the pros and cons of this expense and mileage tracking app here.
Pros (what we like)
- Contains features some other mileage tracking apps don’t, like the ability to merge trips into one
- Enables you to track multiple clients on the same trip for the best organization of records
- Combines an expense tracker and mileage tracker into one app
- Free version and free trial make it easy to try it out without a financial commitment
- Customer support seems to be top-notch
Cons (what can be improved)
- Starts every user out on a free Premium trial, which can get you used to features you won’t have with the free Basic plan
- Users have reported some glitches in the app, but most said the company rectified them right away
- Automatic tracking is only available with the Premium plan
- Limited integrations are only available for teams
Looking for an app that is similar to Everlance? There are quite a few out there, but these are some of the most popular alternatives.
Hurdlr: Mileage, Expense, and Tax Tracker — $7.99/month
- What it does: Automatic mileage tracker, expense and tax information tracker, tax calculator, income tracker
- What it doesn’t do: Merge trips into one; integrate with Xero
- What’s better: Complete tax calculator tallies self-employed taxes within the app; integrates with more platforms, including Uber, FreshBooks, Square, Stripe, and Paypal
Stride: Free Mileage, Expense, and Tax Tracker — Free
- What it does: Automatically track and record mileage, track business expenses and receipts, export expenses
- What it doesn’t do: Fewer integrations with outside platforms; merge trips into one
- What’s better: All features included free, links directly to H&R Block Self Employed finds potential deductions for you with special guidance within the app
Everlance is one of the top-rated mileage tracking apps in various app stores. With an easy-to-use platform, great pricing, and even better user reviews, we think this is a no-brainer.
User Review( vote)
Being the top-rated mileage and expense tracking app in the Apple app store, and with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5, it’s safe to say that this is one of, if not the, best tracking apps around for self-employed users.
While alternatives Hurdlr and Stride both offer very similar features, the ability to merge trips into one directly in the app and simply swipe on the screen to switch from personal to business mileage logging put this app one step ahead of the rest.
Be aware that automatic mileage tracking is only available with the Premium version of the app, which costs $5/month if you’re paying for a year upfront or $8/month if you pay monthly.
However, with this app you’ll save hours (if not days) tracking your time, so we think it’s definitely worth the investment.
Should You Use Everlance?
If you’re responsible for tracking your mileage, routes, expenses, and tax information as a self-employed person, you’ll save time and money using Everlance. For that reason, we think using this app is a no-brainer.
If you’ve used the app, please share your experience in the comments section below!