You may know Costco for its jumbo-sized ketchup and discounts on electronics, but the warehouse store is also home to an under-utilized department – the Costco Photo Center.
What Is Costco’s Photo Center?
With this service, you can shop for canvas prints, photo books, photo gifts, greeting cards, metal prints, photo mugs, wall decor, and more. We’ve broken down everything you can buy in the photo department and how to use its services.
What Costco Photo Offers
Costco Photo Center is a resource both online and at your local Costco. Like every Costco product, the photo center comes with the store’s satisfaction guarantee.
If you aren’t happy with your photo products, you can receive a full refund. Costco members can do a lot with the printing service including:
- Upload photos online at costcophotocenter.com and store them in a secure environment
- Order prints for pickup at your local Costco
- Edit, enhance, and organize photos
- Create calendars, mugs, photo cards, and more
Costco Photo center also allows you to order prints, photo books, and many other products for pick-up at your local Costco or home delivery.
Some stores even offer next day pickup. Plus, the department has an array of services like passport photos and business printing. Here is everything you can get with Costco Photo:
In today’s digital age, prints are a great way to preserve life’s fleeting moments. Costco photo center offers prints in an array of sizes as well as poster prints, collage prints, and enlargements.
You can pick up prints at your local Costco or select home delivery for arrival in 5 to 7 business days. Standard shipping is free for prints 8 x 12 and smaller.
Here is the pricing for Costco prints up to 99 per order—save even more by ordering quantities of 100 and more.
- 4 x 6: $0.17/ea (warehouse pickup. $0.09 for mail order).
- 5 x 5: $0.39/ea
- 5 x 7 and wallet prints: $0.59/ea
- 8 x 10, 8 x 12, 8 x 8 enlargement: $1.79/ea
- 11 x 14, 12 x 12, 12 x 18 enlargement: $3.99/ea
- 16 x 20 enlargement: $6.99/ea
- 20 x 30 enlargement: $99/ea
4×6 photos are listed as $0.17 on Costco’s website, but when you select “mail order” it’ll automatically reduce the price to $.09 at final checkout.
Photo BooksBrighten your coffee table with a fun photo book—the ultimate scrapbook with no tape or glue necessary! You can create books from 30 to 100 pages in a variety of themes available.
Then, add your own captions and photos to a selection of professional layouts. Here are the options available:
- 12 x 12 Premium Layflat, starting at $39.99
- Allows your photo book to lay flat so that photos can cross center fold
- Printed on Fujicolor Crystal Archive Album HD Paper
- Includes a laminated front cover
- 11-1/4 x 8-3/4 Hardcover, starting at $19.99
- Includes a glossy laminated full-page color photo hardcover
- 8 x 8 softcover (pack of two), starting at $19.99
- Printed on archival gloss paper
- Features a laminated soft matte cover
Something to consider with photo books are size. You may not have thought about this, but we did. 2″ makes a huge difference when it comes to photo books.
Stasia Hummel does a wonderful job explaining the difference between the two in the video below, and why you may be better off ordering from a service like Shutterfly. Nice work Stasia!
Acrylic prints make for eye-catching decor with museum acrylic. Sizes range from 11 x 14 to 30 x 40 on a 22″ thick acrylic board. Image quality runs edge to edge with UV-resistant ink.
Product comes ready to hang. Print a family photo, choose a piece of artwork, or make a collage! You can also browse Costco’s galleries of artwork to use, spanning vintage photos to nature and more. Pricing starts at $43.99 for an 11 x 14.
Canvas PrintsLike Acrylic Prints, Canvas Prints create beautiful home decor by turning photos into works of art. Individual canvas prints range in size from 12 x 16 to 40 x 60.
Or, create a multi-panel canvas with split canvas designs. All are printed on high-quality canvas and ready to hang.
You can also order a frame for 30% less than the leading competitor. Canvas Prints start at $28.99 and multi panel canvas designs start at $99.99.
Create the perfect “shelfie” with metal prints. Sizes range from 11 x 14 to 24 x 36. Photos are infused to a 3/64″ inch aluminum panel with round edges. UV resistant ink features a glossy coating, and designs are ready to hang. A 11 x 14 starts at $39.99.
Create custom greeting cards for every occasion with Costco photo. Shop card designs and personalize with your own text and photos. Use the service to create wedding stationary, baby cards, and birthday invitations.
Each design is printed on quality paper and card stock. Premium stationary with double-sided printing starts at $17.25 for 25. Photo greeting cards with a lustre finish with foil-lined envelopes start at $13.99 for 50.
Costco advertises its photo gifts are 30% cheaper than the leading competitor. Options include photo mugs, photo plaques, calendars, poster boards, and photo throws.
If you have your own business, the Costco photo lab has an array of business services. Log in with the same account as your photo account, and shop business cards, banners, signs, postcards, flyers, brochures, envelopes, and letterhead.
Prices are competitive—500 business cards start at $21.99, and two posters start at $17.49, for example. Like other photo products, business items are delivered in 5-7 days to your local Costco or home address.
Other Costco Photo Center Services
Visit your local Costco to ask about other specialized services. Select locations offer an array of other options including:
- Ink cartridge refills
- Home video transfer
- Passport photos
- Photo creative services (can help with design and more complex options like printer profiles)
Tip: Visit the “In the Spotlight” section on costcophotocenter.com for deals and promo codes.
Costco Photo Pricing Vs Competitors
You may be wondering how Costco Photo Center stacks up against the competition. Don’t worry – we’ve done the hard work for you. We priced a handful of generic products versus the competition. For this test, we gathered current pricing (not taking coupons into account) at Costco, Walmart, and Walgreens.
You can typically get cheaper pricing via mail order, but to keep things consistent, we based our test on the in-store pickup pricing. Needless to say, Costco is the best price on every product we sampled.
How To Use the Costco Photo Center
The Costco Photo Center is very user friendly. Follow these easy steps and you’ll be creating stunning photo products in no time!
- Create a Costco Photo account on the costcophotocenter.com home page. (Any browser like Chrome or Firefox will work.) This is different than your regular Costco login. You’ll need your member ID handy.
- Upload photos from your computer or various social media accounts. You can browse photos on your Facebook, Instagram, or Flickr accounts.
- Edit the photo by cropping it, removing red eye, or adding a custom border.
- Select Costco Photo products and order. For prints, you can quickly select “Order Entire Album.” For more complex products like photo books, follow the directions on the Costco interface.
- Track your photo order status within you Costco Photo account. Most items are ready within 5 to 7 business days in the United States, and some locations offer next-day pickup.
Should You Use The Costco Photo Center?
If you have a Costco membership, the Costco Photo Center is an excellent resource. Whether you are wanting to print photos, posters, or coffee mugs, your best resource is only a short drive away.